Is your website missing something… the cool factor? It’s important to keep up to date with the latest trends and technology. Visitors to your site make a snap judgment and if it looks old and dated, it may go against you.
Here’s some of my tips on how to design a modern and cool-looking website in order to stay current and credible in 2022.
1. When was the last time you updated your site?
If it was more than a year ago, the chances are you’re missing out big time! New technologies and website features are been developed all the time but you don’t have to take advantage of them all. However, you can freshen up and modernise your website at least once a year.
2. What features and functions do your prospective clients use?
Just about everyone from the age of twelve and up is using some social media site now. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram are just a few examples. If your audience is using these, then adding them to your site makes sense. It will help keep it up to date and will also provide a connection to your audience.
3. What can you add or modify to enhance the experience?
Some elements shouldn’t just be added to your site because they’re cool or cutting edge. They need to add more by supporting your overall goals and purpose. Start by taking a look at the technology offered today and how it might support your business. Explore how it might enhance your site and add value to your clients.
- Do you use video on your site? Video is a growing trend and one that many prospects respond to.
- Are your prospects active on social networking sites? How can you add this behaviour to your business model to add value?
- Can you take advantage of your prospects and visitors to add content to your site?
- Would a blog help you build or support your brand?
- Can social bookmarking build your traffic and SEO?
4. Are your graphics, images, and colours out of date?
It’s really important that your entire site reflects your overall image which should support your brand. Making huge changes to the look and appearance of your site can have a detrimental effect. However, you can update the look of your site and still retain your existing brand image. For example, you can have a complete overhaul of your website navigation and retain your header graphics, logo and font.
Small changes can make a big difference. A simple adjustment of your font to a new and more modern-looking font can add edge and cool appeal to your site.
If you haven’t updated your site in a while, take a look at how you can improve it. Base your considerations on your user’s experience. Make sure each change you make supports your customer and/or your business goals.
Get in touch for a competitive quote on updating your website!